Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Task 2



Mannequin diptych 




this is my first diptych that i have made. diptych is a picture made out f two pictures put together to represent a whole. there are two pictures. one of the pictures is the mannequin and another picture of the model. i tried veryhard to place both, the model and the mannequine in the same position. The mannequin was supposed to sit on the bench but because I could not sit it on the bench because it has a stand I placed it on the bench in the same position that I thought before. The mannequin position is in the air but the legs are crossed over knee on knee. But because I could not cross over the legs on the mannequin properly it doesn’t really look the same as the model that I made. I tried to place the model which was Marcelina in the same position. I tried to take both of the pictures in the same angle which was eye level but in my over pictures i have also used different angles but they havent worked as well. I tried to take the two pictures from the same distance but It didn’t quite work out because the mannequin pictures is zoomed in. this is because the mannequin is a lot smaller then the human and it would be impossible to tae the same picturre with the mannequin and with the human, Over all I like the effect of the picture I think it looks quite the same and I tried my best to put the model in the same position as the mannequin . i also tried to use the same settings on the camera because the lightening was natural and it was at the same time so the settings should have been the same. In some pictures the settings have changed because of the distance and the size of the mannequin.

this is my first diptych that i have made


this is another of my amazing diptych that i have leart how to create very well. The mannequin is placed in the arch way. I placed mannequin standing with the hands on the hips and the legs standing little bit apart. The mannequin was facing forwards. It was very easy to place the mannequin in the position that I wanted because it was standing up and it was very easy. I placed the model in the same position her hads were on her hips and the legs a little bit apart and she was looking forward as well. I took this picture from the same distance as you can see. And the angle of the picture was the same as well. I shot it from low angle so I could get the whole arch way into the picture. i tried to use the same settings on the camera because the light was the same and the pictures were taken one after the over.



The last diptych was my favourite one that I have done. The diptych is made out of two pictures one is the picture of the mannequin and second one is the picture of my model. I like how this picture works out because the pose of the mannequin and the model is the same. The position of the legs the hands the face is all the same. The mannequin in the picture is closed up so you can see that it’s holding the barrier. I didn't take the picture in the same distance. Because my model is a lot bigger than the mannequin I could not fit her whole body in the same frame so I hade to use a different distance. for these pictures i used different settings because the mannequin was a lot smaller and i wanted too get a great depth of field. and i did get the effect that i wanted. thats why this is one on my favourite diptychs because the mannequin and th model look exactly the same.



This is the last diptych that i have made. in this diptych the mannqein is stood inside a phone box. because the mannequin is small I  could not put it on he floor because then it would not give he same effect to the picture. I quite like this picture but its not one of my favourite ones because i didnt place themodel in the sameposition her hands and legs are different then the legs and hands with the mannequin.for booth pictures i tried to use the same angle. but i have tried to make a lot of different angles. i even tried to use the rule of thirds which didn't quit work out as i wanted. so for the next time when im doing a diptych i will know that I need to work more on telling the model how she needs to pose and how she needs gto stand. because its the photographers job to tell the model what he expects from her. i tried to use the same settings in both pictures and in this one it worked out well because i did use the same settings.



No comments:

Post a Comment